Wednesday 29 May 2019

Imminent Releases


It’s May and so I’m editing the next book for release. On the 31st, “One for Sorrow,” the first Magpies novel, will be released. That’s not all which is on the horizon, though (luckily for me). So this post is a short roadmap of what is going to come out during the next few months.


  • August will see the release of the seventh Knight Agency novel, “Grave Diggers.”
  • November will bring about the second volume of “John Stanton - Agent of the Crown,” which includes the three novellas “The Case of the Horrid Hellhound,” “The Case of the Goddess’ Assassin,” and “The Case of the Deadly Documents.”
  • February next year will be the month in which my vampire hunter drama “Alex Dorsey” will be released.


I currently have quite some projects in the works, too.
The third Black Knight Agency novel, currently titled “Grey Eminence,” will have to undergo severe changes, because I’ve realized I’ve written myself into a corner with it. I even mentioned that in the last post before this one.
“Ignition Rites,” the eighth Knight Agency novel, is still in the early stages, but I’m looking forward to incorporating a few scenes I already have in mind. The basic plot is there, the sub-plots still need a little work.
“Two for Joy” is the title for the second Magpies novel, but it’s in a very, very early stage (I barely have the plot, but I want to revisit Inez and Tom, so there’s that).
Then, there’s three novellas with a common cast which I still have to write, but I’m sure they’ll see the light of day eventually under the current title “Benjamin Farrens.” I’ve already written quite a bit of “The Case of the Blind Medium,” but “The Case of the Blood Ruby” and “The Case of the Cornwall Vampire” only exist in my head so far.
Finally, there’s another Swenson and Carter story I want to eventually write and add to the first two, at which point they, too, will see release in e-book. “Vengeful Ghost” and “Raging Blood” are done already, but “Christmas Spirit” hasn’t gone far so far.

The Benjamin Farrens project is the oldest of them all, to be honest. I wanted to write it down as a novel years ago, but the actual structure lends itself more to three novellas with an overlying arc of gathering the necessary talents for the last of the three cases Count Benjamin will have to tackle. Not to mention that this one, together with the Swenson and Carter project, will give me the chance to dive into a real late-Victorian setting. John Stanton, after all, is a modern-day Steampunk era.

This is the roadmap, but the course may have to be re-plotted, if real life should intervene.

No comments: