Wednesday 4 September 2019

"Grave Diggers" is in Release


August was, again, a month for editing, proofreading, and the release of a book. In this case, “Grave Diggers,” the seventh Knight Agency novel. It’s out on Amazon and in release on several other platforms, including some library ones.

There’s not much in the pipeline which is finished - the last year and what happened there (first my mother’s death, then two moves, then a change in my daily life) have sapped my reserves. I could only keep publishing by adding two collections of novellas I’d written a long time ago (“The Loki Files” volume 1 and volume 2).
Currently, I have material for November this year (“John Stanton - Agent of the Crown” volume 2) and February (the standalone novel “Alex Dorsey”). I’m also working on more, though, and have several projects which I hope to finish in the following months. There’s an eighth Knight Agency novel (working title “Ignition Rites”), a third Black Knight Agency novel (working title “Grey Eminence”), a second Magpies novel (working title “Two for Joy”), and a few smaller projects, such as adding a third Swenson & Carter novella and publishing those three, and a trilogy of novellas around a count living in a quasi-Victorian age (“The Case of the Blind Medium,” “The Case of the Blood Ruby,” and “The Case of the Cornwall Vampire”).
I’ve also dived deeper into pulp territory with the first The Eye novella “The Mind-Control Beam” (the Eye being my spin on your classic pulp vigilante character) and lined up a story for a genetically engineered killer who deals out justice for money (the series will go by The Cobra).
It’s not as if I’m missing ideas, it’s more that I can’t write as undisturbed as in the past any longer and I’m just about to adapt to the new schedule the changes in my life have forced on me.

“Grave Diggers” is out now, which means I now have two months I can use for writing and, hopefully, finishing a few of my projects (especially novellas rarely take me more than a week or two). Regular posting will resume on Saturday with a review post about Jasper Fforde’s Nursery Crimes series.

No comments: