Wednesday 15 August 2018

Changes in the Plan


Originally, I had planned to edit and release “One for Sorrow,” the first Magpies book, this month, but since things have been hectic since April and I haven’t really written that much (and summer so far was so hot I didn’t really get much work done, either), I have switched to another release which I had planned to do eventually. The first three novellas in my “The Loki Files” series which has been written a while ago (2014/2015) will be release this month and the second three novellas will be released in November. Both “One for Sorrow” and “Grave Diggers” will be moved to early next year (February and May).

There are several reasons for this. One is that the novellas were already edited by me a long time ago for a release on Feedbooks (where you’ll only find the first two chapters now), so I will make the process a little shorter this way (not that both my editing and my writing haven’t improved since and I will certainly make changes and brush up on the text). In addition, I found the editing of the three John Stanton novellas in May much less strenuous, too, and it’s still pretty warm here, so less strenuous work is good. And if I do three of the Loki novellas this month, I can just as well do the other three in November - I don’t plan on adding more stories about Loki and Sarah (and the rest of the gang), so the series isn’t going to grow any more. I give myself a little more of a cushion before I run out of things and can, hopefully, take up writing at my regular speed in a bit. Things have been calming down and once the temperatures come down and the winds go up, I’ll be in a much better mood again, I’m sure. More projects (like a Fantomas restart and a third Black Knight Agency novel) are in the pipe.

The new release plan is like this:


  • August 2018: The Loki Files Vol. 1 (includes the novellas “Heart of Ice,” “Birth of Gods,” and “Agents of Asgard”)
  • November 2018: The Loki Files Vol. 2 (includes the novellas “Blood of Rulers,” “Protectors of Earth,” and “Servants of Life”)
  • February 2019: “One for Sorrow” - The Magpies #1
  • May 2019: “Grave Diggers” - Knight Agency #7


By the time “Grave Diggers” is released in the end of May 2019, I hope to have finished “Who is Fantomas” and “Grey Eminence” and, with a little luck, further projects which I don’t know about yet.

No comments: